[OSGeo-Discuss] New Voting Members Selected

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 07:29:18 PST 2006

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> just one remark wrt the list, are there people missing from the membership
> nominations list? E.g. I do not see Gordon Luckett on there:
>
> https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/MembershipNominations.html

Bart,

To my intense embarrassment I had not realized that Gordon was not in the
nomination list when the board reviewed the new members.  He had been
intending to attend the Chicago meeting, and I am *assuming* was a write-in
of some of the existing members.

The membership process document did not explicitly disallow voting for
someone not on the nomination list, though many of us had assumed you
could/should only vote for nominated individuals.

I have raised this issue with the board for discussion.

I would also like to mention I misspelled Ned Horning's name in the last
email.  My apologies.

Best regards,