[OSGeo-Discuss] New Voting Members Selected

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Thu Mar 2 13:27:43 PST 2006

As does GeoServer:
http://www.moximedia.com:8080/imf-ows/imf.jsp?site=gs_users (though
it's on a proprietary front end, which I would not mind changing to an
open one) and mapbender:
http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/frames/index.php?&gui_id=mapbender

It would be cool if we could get these user maps on the same backend,
using foundation and hopefully future foundation projects (postgis for
backend, and GeoServer for WFS-T - showing the standards that one
should use for transaction stuff).  Would also be great to be able to
show standards in action, that you can use the mapbender or mapbuilder
front end, and can use GeoServer or MapServer or MapGuide to connect to
the same postgis database.  Perhaps one webapp could modify the
straight postgis, and the other go through WFS-T...  And then be able
to select which user maps you want to see, would be cool to see all
users of all foundation projects on one map.

Chris

Quoting Howard Butler <hobu at iastate.edu>:

> MapServer has one also thanks to Sean
> http://zcologia.com:9001/mapserver/members/
>
> At 02:35 PM 3/2/2006, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >Agreed. We should also ask LatLong coordinates. For the
> >GRASS community, we have today launched a WMS/WFS
> >server mapping the users:
> >  http://grass.itc.it/community/index.php
> >
> >Something like this might be fun for OSGeo, too.
> >
> >Markus
> >
> >On 3/2/06, Chris Holmes <cholmes at openplans.org> wrote:
> > > If possible I'd like to have all 'members' not just 'voting
> members'
> > > post a bit of information about who they are, where they're from
> and
> > > all.  Indeed that could be a good requirement for 'associate
> > > membership' - that they take the time to fill out a profile, not
> just
> > > join the site and watch a list.  On the profiles we would then
> just
> > > have a small field that says 'voting member'.
> > >
> > > Chris

***