[OSGeo-Discuss] Small projects

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Sat Mar 4 06:02:42 PST 2006

On a lot of sites we use 'category' which is a special project type
to group group projects. This lets you aggregate a group of related
projects and put a little organization around them.

Daniel Brookshier
Community Manager
214-207-6614

On Mar 4, 2006, at 4:03 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Chris Holmes wrote:
>> Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>>> Ari,
>>>
>>> I have been asking myself this question too.  The "Project"
>>> infrastructure,
>>> requiring a PSC, an incubation period, committer agreements, web
>>> sub-domain
>>> and so forth seems pretty heavy.  So, I am doubtful that it would be
>>> appropriate to handle more modest sized project that way.   I
>>> have been
>>> asking myself a similar question about things like libtiff,
>>> libgeotiff,
>>> PROJ.4, MITAB, AVCE00 and Shapelib.  My conclusion so far is that