[OSGeo-Discuss] New Voting Members Selected

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 07:25:17 PST 2006

Rafael Medeiros Sperb wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> First of all I woul like acknowledge the support that the Brazilian
> community has received. Two members are more than we expected.

Rafael,

I am wondering if you could give a summary of related things going on
in Brazil for our edification.  For instance, what user groups exist,
what conferences have been held recently and are planned.  What software
projects are being developed.  Interesting "reference projects" using
osgeo components.  Companies pushing OSGeo type solutions. That sort of
thing.

Something to give the rest of us a flavor of what is going on in Brazil.

I would also love to see such reports from other parts of the world we
might not hear so much about.

Best regards,