[OSGeo-Discuss] Distribution Special Interest Groups

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 7 23:17:25 PST 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 20:42, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
>  	Eric and I have discussed creating our own RPMs (I like Red Hat
> flavored GNU/Linux), since the mappinghacks ones are a little outdated
> (Sorry, Schuyler!). I already have some CVS setup at my host, and I think
> SVN maybe turned on already (by another user). I haven't created my own
> RPMs yet, though I know the procedure isn't that hard. That thing has been
> on our plate for waaaaaaaaay too long.

I too am very interested in seeing where this could go.  I'd really like to
see if/how the FGS apps (http://maptools.org/fgs) could be packaged up as
RPM's etc. to make the install even easier (it's simple already).  It's so
nifty and self contained that it wouldn't have almost any external
dependencies.  Likewise, with the MS4W set of apps - they could really use a
Windows installer process to complete the wrap up of easy-to-install
mapserver apps.

Tyler