Nominations for Board

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:38:16 PST 2006

Although I don't know him personally, I would like to nominate Frankie
to the board.

He is one of the Debian Developers responsible for Debian-GIS, and is
deeply commited to producing the best possible GIS packages to the
Debian system.

I see him as a very enthusiastic, energetic person, and able to
coordinate teamwork. (caveat: I don't contribute to d-gis, just to
upstream GRASS).

Also, I don't know Hamish in person (don't even know his surname, Moffat, IIRC)

He is a very active member in the gpsd and GRASS communities, has
worked to integrate those two great tools. He wrote d.in.gpsdrive and
v.in.gpsbabel  in GRASS. Also a packager of sorts (work in Debian
GIS).
He is also helping spread the word of OSGeo.

I would like also to bring up Paolo Cavallini, he was nominated in the
previous round, by Markus Neteler, so his bio is already on the site.

I have probably exceeded myself, so I apologise.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)