Public Geospatial Data Project Mission

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:02:12 PST 2006

Dear all,

[moved from private mail to discuss list]

please let me know your thoughts on moving that a
"Public Geospatial Data Committee" be formed tomorrow
in the board of directors meeting:
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Fourth_Board_Meeting

I feel that establishing this commitee would be useful,
also, to make use of the infrastructure (mailing list with archives, etc).

If we manage to (sort of) stabilize the mission at
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project
I will table the motion - otherwise postpone

Best regards

 Markus

PS: The mail below was sent to the individuals listed on the project
wiki page:

--
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/