[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Public Geospatial Data Project Mission

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 03:02:01 PST 2006

Helena,

what we currently call "projects" is nothing official yet.
To become an official piece of the foundation, a
committee with chair etc. is needed. It's about the
formalization of it.

To get things officially moving and integrated into the
foundation structure, a committee is needed to be established
which requires a motion with approval by the board of
directors.

I agree that the/my wording probably appeared to be confusing.
I hope that it is clarified now.

Best

 Markus