Public Geospatial Data Committee setup, + IRC meeting this Wednesday 1500GMT

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Mar 20 15:44:41 PST 2006

dear osgeo discussion,

I'm really pleased to announce that the Public Geospatial Data Project
has been formalised as an OSGeo activity and committee, is getting
onto the platform and starting to effect action.

Markus created an outline here; please add your name to the list at
the top if you want to be a part of this group's efforts.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Committee

There is also geodata at geodata.osgeo.org discussion list here:
DanielB set up http://geodata.osgeo.org/ with remarkable speed. Thanks!

On Wednesday at 1500GMT, 1600CST, 1000EST, an initial IRC discussion
meeting is planned on the #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.net

 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=22&year=2006&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=215

 To learn about IRC, please have a look here (just substitute #grass by
 #osgeo): http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/HowToIRC
 See also: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started#Jump_on_IRC

As Markus noted, "we're really working out the process for starting
a non-software based project as we go"; it should be a good adventure.

Hope to see many of you there,

jo