[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Cross project mailing list

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Mar 23 10:47:56 PST 2006

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'm specifically looking for a place where we can ask AJAX type
> questions about WebMapping.
>
> For instance, I'm integrating a GoogleMaps Layer into Mapbuilder and I'm
> having problems with the zIndex from Google playing nicely with my WMS
> Layers.
>
> We could put these questions on Geowanking, but I'm scared that at times
> we would swamp the list with technical questions which most geowankers
> are not interested in.  (but maybe I'm wrong).

Nope, I'd say you are correct. Aditionally I like this list for being
free of a topic, except... well you know.

> I'm hoping in the long term, that this email list can be a tool for our
> webmapping projects to grow closer together - factoring out common
> libraries which we can share amongst each other.

So I want to third this (Paul seconded):
+1 from Mapbender (watch this, he can even vote :-)

> Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel,
>>> As discussed a while back, there are a number of Web Mapping projects
>>> who would like a common email list where we can share design ideas and
>>> discus shared libraries.
>>>

>> geowanking? I vet ideas on geowanking, with mixed results. Which is
>> fair as my ideas are often a mixed bag...
>>
>> Jody

You keep on vetting mixed bags and lets try to keep this space for
exactly this. Just my 3ct (the Euro cent is worth more you know).