[OSGeo-Discuss] Geodata & Education

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri Mar 24 13:40:24 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 18:08 +0530, Krishan Sharma wrote:
> We do almost at 15-20% cost of US prices, please forward a smaple map
> to give you demo pilot.

Nice commercial punt there, Krishan >;) But we are miles from any
action, if ever. I'm just kicking some thoughts around from a base
knowledge of zero, and have no idea at all how much a 3rd world
digitisation of a British 1:25,000 (for example) map would be. Hundreds
of £ sterling? Thousands? Tens? If anyone could give me a clue...

How's India nowadays? My wife used to work for Oxfam, was over there a
number of times many many years back. We're into middle age now, not
young radicals bent on changing the world (well we're still bent on
changing the world just calmed down a bit about it). Suspect a lot has
changed even over the last decade...