[OSGeo-Discuss] Distribution Special Interest Groups

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Mar 30 00:36:46 PST 2006

Dear All,

Glad to announce that our FOSS4G Toolkit ISO-Image
can be downloaded from http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/foss4g/

You can directly download the ISO-Image from
http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/foss4g/download/

Hope the ISO-CD can be uploaded to other sites (OSGEO,
Maptools etc) so as save our bandwidth.

The CD includes GRASS-GIS, MapServer, GDAL, OSSIM, QGIS,
PostGIS, Mapbuilder, Mapbender, Cartoweb, Appformap,
kaMap, Worldkit, Plone, PrimaGIS and also some GPS related
RRM packages. A simple (crude but it works) installer
that can be run to install all RPM packages and necessary
tools libraries for compiling packages like GRASS (5.0.3 and
6.0.2), Qgis (0.74), GDAL1.3.1, PostGIS etc.

The FOSS4G ISO-Image was developed and tested on Mandriva Linux
2006. The Download edition of Mandriva 2006 has to be obtained
(http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/downloads/mirrors/2006) and
installed before installing the FOSS4G CD.

Mapserver demos (data demos included in the CD) have been tested
with Mapserver4.6.2. We faced some problems while testing with
Mapserver4.8.2 especially with applications like AppforMap and
MapLab2.2 (with PHP5.04).
Hope someone could test the demos with Mapserver4.8.2 and
suggest fixes.

ossim_1.6.4 and ossim_qt1.6.4 rpm and srpm are included.
ossim_plugin-1.6.4 could not be properly RPM packaged.
We have also not tried to package the osgplanet-1.6.4 and
related stuff.

Amongst the OSGEO software projects, the CD contains all packages
expect GeoTools and MapGuide OS. Maybe in future release we can
include them too.

Most of the remaining problems are due to our limited knowledge.
We would be happy to have if the CD could be tested and improved.

Regards

Venka