[OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a new "local-osgeo-chapter"

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri May 26 14:50:33 PDT 2006

On May 26, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We would like to create an OSGEO chapter in Ottawa (Canada), but
> have no idea about how to go about doing this.  There are currently
> two FOSS4G groups active in Ottawa (MapServer and GRASS), and both
> have small followings and joining forces would be instant life to
> the group.
>
> So how does one create a "local-osgeo-chapter" on the main site?
> What are the rules/policy for creating a local chapter?

We were interested in doing the same in North Carolina, but before we
could announce our intent,
"no plans for local chapters" showed up on wiki:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Like_Minded_Regional_Organizations

Maybe that should change? Can the board take up this issue at their
next meeting and provide some guidance?

thanks,

Helena