I suggest overview page for osgeo projects and pointers to applications using osgeo projects.

Lee McKusick lmckusic at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 02:05:21 PDT 2006

Hello list people,

   I suggest you add an applications overview page that details the
inputs, outputs and typical usage of the various osgeo.org programs.

   I am in the design and component selection phase of a project. I need
open source mapping.  That need brought me to osgeo.org.

   My project is a community invasive weed mapper and response tracker.
Except that my community is San Mateo County, California and the weed is
Pampas Grass, my application is basically a web site for adding, editing
and showing and reporting "data points on a topo map" plus email and
users.

  I suggest, then: Add a page to osgeo.org. For each osgeo app explain
inputs and outputs and typical usage. If available, pointers to open
source applications on the the Internet. If available, pointers to
copyable and editable applications.

   I apologize for being off topic. Thank you very much for the website.
I will keep listening.