[OSGeo-Discuss] I suggest overview page for osgeo projects and pointers toapplications using osgeo projects.

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Oct 2 15:36:36 PDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>> hallo,
>>
>> sorry, if i undertood wrong. there is allready page like this, see
>>
>>     http://freegis.org
>>
>> maybe it would be good to ask people from freegis, if they would like to
>> participate on project like this. their databasis is allready full.
>
> Jachym,
>
> Freegis.org is definately the authoritative full list of open source
> geospatial projects.  I think the original poster, and Jody were looking
> for something that puts some of the major components in context -
> obviously
> starting with the OSGeo projects themselves, and the components they
> interact with closely.
Specifically I am looking to target a different audience then freegis.org,
one of the areas GeoTools can use improvement is in terms of marketing
materials, and we hope that our involvement w/ OSGeo can facilitate this.

In todays GeoTools IRC meeting we talked a bit about the subject, and
we will start trying to fill in some of the needed content for our project.

Jody