[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo community Maxed out?

ian ian at inpa.gov.br
Thu Oct 26 06:57:33 PDT 2006

Allan Doyle wrote:
Hi,
> We are also supposed to do another round of bringing in Voting Members,
> aren't we? I would hope that doing so would have the effect of bringing
> in some new people with new energy.

So I am one of these new people and i was wondering about this Voting.
Is this like the Ubuntu Community Council ? How much code do I need to
submit to become a member?
I had a look on the site:

Beyond selecting the initial charter membership of 45 members, details
of the membership process have not been determined. However, all members
of the open source geospatial community are encouraged to participate in
foundation mailing lists, committees, and projects. Charter membership
is not required for most forms of participation

which seems a bit unclear to be honest. On another note I am pretty keen
to get the Augmented Reality Workgroup up and running so how can I do
this. Bit of anewbie here to be honest
[]'s

--
Ian Lawrence
http://ianlawrence.info

Centre for Bioinformatics
INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE PESQUISAS DA AMAZÔNIA-INPA
RUA ANDRÉ ARAÚJO N º .2936 , BAIRRO DO ALEIXO
MANAUS-AMAZONAS-BRAZIL
Research Program in Biodiversity
http://ppbio.inpa.gov.br
PHONE: 055-92-3643-3358
CEP. 69011 -970

| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.html,*.txt)

>>> return [type for type in types if type not in types_to_exclude]
If you can see the beauty, then Python got you