[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Stack - was: OSGeo community Maxed out?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 26 11:05:28 PDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> We could easily build on top of these two distribution models, couldn't
> we?  I know, for example, Jeff at DMSG is working on improving the MS4W
> side of things.  Now that I'm a Mac user, I also wonder about parallel
> approaches for it.

Work on FGS has slown down because Guillaume who brought FGS to where it
is today has moved on to another job and is only looking after FGS in
his spare time. However with some new blood it could definitely get a
new life, be polished and become a good solution.

With respect to the Mac, FGS was designed to be portable to the Mac but
there is still lots of work to do to port all current packages to the
Mac. I think some initial work has been done but I'm not sure.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/