BOF Mobile GIS

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Wed Sep 6 13:36:28 PDT 2006

Hallo folks,

since I am listed in the wiki for the organisation of the Mobile GIS
BOF [1] I thought I should make some steps to organize it indeed.

First we should agree upon a time. Since I am only at Lausanne for
the first two days (Tuesday and Wedndesday) I would like to propose
Wednesday evening for the BOF. I already edited the Wiki-page
accordingly. I know that this will be parallel to the
ka-map/Openlayers merging discussion. But since we have already 11
BOFs proposed it won't be possible to join all BOFs anyway.

Concerning possible topics: In my opinion we should use this meeting to:
- get to know each other: What is each participants interest in
  mobile GIS, what are possible contributions etc.
- find out the main challanges and obstacles to start/continue
  developement including necessary (technical) infrastructure to
  coordinate the developement
- perhaps: (depending on time an interest) discuss certain technical
  issues. Some are already listed on the wiki and we can possibly
  discuss a subset of it.

I am very interested to hear your ideas!

Many greetings,

    Silke

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_FOSS4G2006#BOFs
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Mobile_Solutions