[OSGeo-Discuss] Photo slideshow - mapping program link?

Bengt Rostedt bengt.rostedt at pp.inet.fi
Sun Apr 29 06:33:13 EDT 2007

I would like to use a program that would link a photo slideshow program with
a mapping program like OziE or Googlearth. The main functionality would be
that while progressing in the photo slideshow the mapping program (running
simultaneously on a separate display using the split screen possibility)
would show the location where the displayed photo was taken and the angle of
view in the photo.

I understand that the GPS exif data in the photo file if available would
enable this, although only the horizontal angle as vertical direction data
afaik is not included. I use Irfanview and Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 as
regular photo viewers.

Is there any such program already developed or under development?

I would be grateful for any hints.

brgds

Bengt