[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Presence On Wikipedia

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Dec 19 15:19:19 PST 2007

Helena,

You wrote: "I think that wikipedia entries for GIS terminology (with
links to
relevant osgeo web pages where appropriate) would be more useful than
a dictionary of GIS terms maintained on OSGeo web site."

I was thinking the two would complement each other.

You wrote: " If
you are thinking more about dictionary entries, Wiktionary may be a
good place, but I am not sure that is what you are trying to do..."

I was trying to kill two (2) birds with one stone. I need a place for
definitions for my work on the Free GIS Book, and there was some other
discussion about a multi-language GIS dictionary. I thought I could take
care of the first item and get us a good start on the second item.

The Sunburned Surveyor