[OSGeo-Discuss] Many Question about the OSGeo

Kai Behncke kbehncke at igf.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Feb 9 15:51:58 PST 2007

Hello list,

for an article in a German Newspaper I have a couple of questions about the
OSGeo. The aim of that article is to give informations to a broader public and
to promote the OSGeo in a professional journal.Maybe you can help me?

I need to produce an organigram, so:

1. Is it correct, that the "Board of Directors" is elected by the 45 "charter
members"?

2. Who is electing the 45 "charter members"? How do people get the status as a
"charter member"?

3.There are 9 committees.Everyone has a "chair-person". Who is electing that
"chair-person"?

4. What is the job of the Executive Director?

I would write down some examples about what the OSGeo has done practically.
On the homepage it`s written:

"The foundation provides financial, organizational and legal support to the
broader open source geospatial community."

5.Does that mean, that the OSGeo spends money ,for example, to develop the
code  of special OS-Software?
6.Which projects where sponsored concretely?

7.Is there somewhere an overview how much money the OSGeo spends for what?
Just to have an impression of the dimensions.

8.Can you give me some practical examples what the OSGeo has concretely done?
So that we can write down some "hard facts".
Can you give me an example for the legal support?

9. Do you have a statistic how many hits the site https://www.osgeo.org/
has per day, or maybe a statistic how many users are registered in the various
mailing lists of the OSGeo?

Thank you very much in advance :-)
Kai

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Dipl.-Umweltwiss. Kai Behncke

Institut für Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung (IGF)
Universität Osnabrück
Kolpingstr. 7
49074 Osnabrück

Raum: 01/308