[OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code

Tim Welch tim.j.welch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:59:57 PST 2007

Portland State University has been an "umbrella" sponsoring organization
every year.  In 2005 8 projects were sponsored, in 2006 only 3 (out of
20 student submissions, most of them being quite strong).  This was
largely in part to the increase in mentoring organizations, apparently
there were ~2.5 times as many in 2006 as 2005.  My two cents are to make
sure that projects submitted can be realistically completed in the time
given and that all necessary resources are available to complete the
project.

-Tim