[OSGeo-Discuss] Electronic Journal for our purposes

tadamcz at ae.katowice.pl tadamcz at ae.katowice.pl
Wed Feb 21 15:43:21 PST 2007

Dear Friends,
For a long time I have been a lurker here, but I have been reading all the
posts with utmost interest. This time, however, I would like to make a
suggestion to the whole group concerning an electronic medium for our
purposes, an e-Journal, the engine of which immensely facilitates the
editorial process, and thus would probably be ideal for what we might be
wanting to do.

Below, please find two suggestions: consider both and then get back to
with your opinions and questions.

1) I will be happy to make my own e-journal "The Soft For Humans Journal"
available to the list and publish as many issues as would be needed
dedicated solely to our purposes. The journal is to be launched in the
second half of this year; the first call for contributions will be out
within the next month. I can see no reason why the center of interest of
the first issue should not be the MAP Server.

Should you wish to see an analogous system that has been in operation for
the past six months and gains readership all over the globe, please visit
the website of the Review of International American Studies, of which the
first issue is free. Do access and download the journal, please Log is as
"TEST"/"TEST"; the login and password will be valid until the weekend.
http://www.iasa-rias.org
     By way of explanation: I am an owner and director of the "Soft For
Humans CMS Designers - Adamczewski i Liber, sp.j.," a Polish company
specializing in designing and complementing custom made contents
management systems. One of our targets is the academic audience and
e-Journal CMSs are among our most desired products.  At present, our
website is under reconstruction, but our e-Journal, to be launched as
mentioned, is a part of our mission to spread knowledge concerning IT
solutions)

2) I would be more than happy to sell the system to the MAPSERVER
Foundation at a largely reduced price so that a separate e-journal could
be established.

Please, let me know what you think.

Yours,

Tomash