[OSGeo-Discuss] Translated web site content

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 23 09:14:56 PST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> If you go to http://www.osgeo.org you will now see a "Select language"
> menu on the left side, with a few languages listed.  The tools are
> pretty simple, if you press a language the content will change, but only
> if that content has been translated already.  All default content is in
> US English.

I just had a look at the French and Deutsch translations of the home
page and they don't seem to match exactly the contents of the English
version. I can't read Deutsch, but the sections of the page seem
different, and the French version (which I can read) definitely contains
different contents.

Should it not be a requirement that the translations should match the
original as closely as possible in order to relay a consistent message
in all languages?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette