[OSGeo-Discuss] Fw: Re: New Google Mapping Patent

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Wed Jan 10 19:06:30 PST 2007

I didn't get to work on my old CGI app from 2002, but I did find a
couple of the Proof of concepts I did before it, that still work . . .
Kinda fun going and looking at things again too.

*http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cgi-bin/drill/drillR10.pl (no debug info)
http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cgi-bin/drill/drillR11.pl (with Debug stuff)

*Just click on the images to zoom to that spot and center on it.  Keep
clicking, the last level just recenters on the clicked point.

You can still see the tiling artifacts in the messy seams between tiles,
I remember I had a tough time getting the edge to line up correctly with
the Tiler that I built.

Hmm, kinda fun going down memory lane on this . . . .  Anyway, I'm done
on this Thread I think  :c)

bobb

P.S.  I can work on the original App and fix it if anyone is interested
in seeing the final.  I used these tests to launch some other rather
nice Web Products from.  There will even be an announcement soon of our
OpenSource project that was based in part on this work.  Another week or
two I think.