[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Annual General Meeting

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Jul 17 12:48:22 EDT 2007

Three big, on-going concerns of mine:

- How to better do "outreach", specifically to companies (GIS or
non-GIS) that either currently don't know much about Open Source or,
worse, think that Open Source is buggy, amatuer-ware, or otherwise
incompatable with their commercial/profit motives.

- Standards work -- influence, development, compliance accredidation,
etc.  With particular, but not exclusive, emphasis on OGC.  [I'm glad to
see this topic come back, good to have other people  interested in the
issue!]

- Funding-- I have learned a lot and now a very different mental model
of OSGeo today than I had 12-18 months ago.  Nonetheless, some funding
is required to better support our activities.  How can we best do this?
Possibilities include: small number of big corporate donations, large
number of small member donations, non-profit style grant monies, ...

-mpg