[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo education outreach at FOSS4G2007

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Jul 17 22:30:43 EDT 2007

Has there been any discussion, by the OSGeo
Education Committee or elsewhere, about doing
any "education outreach" in conjunction with
the FOSS4G2007 conference in Victoria?

In particular, I had the idea that on Friday
September 28, 2007, there may be the possibility
for people who attended the conference to do some
"outreach".

Looking at the minutes of the last Education Committee
meeting, I see mention of post-secondary education, but
I wonder if there exists the possibility of educational
opportunities for Victoria K-12 schools(OK, maybe "K"
is a bit young, but you get my point :-)

--
Dave Patton

Degree Confluence Project:
Canadian Coordinator