[OSGeo-Discuss] How open source and OGC/ISO can work together - GeoAPI example

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed Jul 18 13:56:34 EDT 2007

I mentioned GeoAPI a couple of times as an example of a "bridge" between
open source software and the OGC / ISO standards process. I passed on an
informal report we got in our IRC meeting on Monday, here is an update
we got today.

Have a read of this email; and think if this level of involvement will
be enough for us. It may be easier then setting up a formal arrangement
- it has the strength of OSGeo making contributions in a format we do
well (ie code) and OGC making contributions in a format they do well (ie
large pdf documents and xml schema). Also note that the GeoAPI project
is not limited to Java projects.