[OSGeo-Discuss] Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights at NAS on July 25, 2007

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:19:19 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I am happy to announce a public seminar titled "Intellectual Property
Rights: Wrong for Developing Countries?" to be held at the National
Academy of Sciences in Washington DC. The featured speakers are Bruce
Lehman of the International Intellectual Property Institute and John
Wilbanks of Science Commons at Creative Commons.

Details on the seminar are at
<http://www7.nationalacademies.org/policyfellows/Events.html> (see
Seminar #2).

If you are in the Washington DC area on July 25, please consider
attending. I will be there, and hope to make the discussion veer
toward geographic data.

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/
S&T Policy Fellow, National Academy of Sciences http://www.nas.edu/