[OSGeo-Discuss] SlashGeo

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Jul 11 08:23:07 PDT 2007

Hi Cory and Paulo,

I'm Alex, the main Slashgeo enthusiast (aka Satri). I confirm I'd like
to revive the site. I am planning to post a "call to collaborators" in
the coming days on the slashgeo.org site. Because that's really what I
need: share the fun of aggregating geonews to feed the site on a daily
basis :-)

If I succeed in gathering 4 or more contributors, the task should be
easy and not require too much time to any single individual. One
contributor could easily focus on only one topic, say open source
webmapping products, geospatial standards or GPS stuff, thus not
spending too much time to feed Slashgeo.

I plan to spend some more efforts in the coming weeks and will try my
best, if I fail, then I'll let the site slide into oblivion. I still
believe Slashgeo was useful to many within the community and that it can
have a great future :-)

If anyone on the list wants to join me in this great adventure, you're
welcomed! You can also learn more about the situation on slashgeo.org's
last post.

Alex
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca