[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGEO & OGC spec development

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jul 17 04:09:15 PDT 2007

Jeroen, all, very important thread to me too.

generic questions:
- what would it mean to create an OGC Committee?
- is it an overhead for the board?
- will there be a board member to support this Commitee? is this needed?
- does it mean to subscribe as OSGeo to OGC? how much does it cost?

I think every OSGeo project is more or less supporting at least one OCG
standard. New standards has been created too under OSGeo umbrella and it
would be great to present them and make them officially OGC.
This will strength interoperability between OSGeo softwares and other
softwares. Between OSGeo softwares and OSGeo softwares. Between ... I
love interoperability!
:-)

ciao
Lorenzo