[OSGeo-Discuss] *Voting Now Open* - New Charter Members

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo CRO) cro at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 13 17:22:33 EDT 2007

Current OSGeo Charter Members can now vote for additional Charter
Members until the end of day June 24rd (midnight UTC).

Please review the specific voting procedures:

  - There are 37 nominees, listed here [1], review the lower section
of that page to see their qualifications/contributions
  - Consider nominees according to the guidelines of "Criteria for
Charter Member Nomination" [2]
  - Voting is by secret email ballot starting June 13th, ending June
24th, midnight UTC
  - Voting is open to *current* Charter Members only, as listed here [3]
  - Each voter has 15 votes to cast and assign any way they like
  - Nominees may receive more than one vote
  - Votes are *only* to be emailed to cro at osgeo.org with subject "Votes"
  - Send *one name per line* in the email, each line being worth a
single vote, maximum 15 lines
  - Repeat names several times if you want them to have several votes
  - You will received a message from me to confirm that I have
received your votes
  - I will tabulate the results and report back to the community by
June 30th
  - The 15 nominees with the highest number of votes will be chosen
  - A tie will be broken using a random selection method
  - If less than 16 nominees receive votes, all nominees receiving at
least 1 vote will be selected

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Member_Nominations
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/membership
[3] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/members/voting_members.html