[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcement: Italian Association for Geographic
neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:11:51 EST 2007
Como, 26 February 2007
"Associazione Italiana per l'Informazione Geografica Libera / GFOSS.IT"
(Italian Association for Geographic Free/Open-Source Software)
has been founded in Palermo, Italy.
GFOSS.IT has been founded by specialists with a consolidated international
experience in the field of geographic information systems and of
GFOSS.IT was established in the context of the eighth Italian GRASS
and GFOSS users meeting, held in Palermo, Italy (14-16 February 2007).
The aims of the association are to:
- foster the development, the diffusion, and the protection of exclusively
free and open-source software for geographic information;
- promote open standards for geographic information and free access to
- promote contacts within the geographic free/open-source software developer
and user community, as well as contacts between this community and other
- encourage and co-ordinate the translation and/or the localisation of
geographic information software and documentation;
- promote relationships with other national and international associations,
and with public and private organisations.
During the coming month the association will formalise its constitution,
finalise the activities to be conducted during 2007, and will be open to
applications for membership.
Info: info a gfoss.it
More information about the Discuss