[OSGeo-Discuss] New Project.

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Mar 1 10:41:21 PST 2007

All,

The MOOSE project has been working with essentially the same
philosophy, with regards to normalizing the code into distinct Chunks,
which make the mixing and matching very easy.  Integrating services into
it are very easy for example.

I think our coding style is very much aligned with other groups, more
actually than I thought a few weeks ago.

This is a very thought provoking conversation for me too.  It's getting
me thinking about how to describe the MOOSE project a bit better and
describe it's strengths.

bobb

****************  You can't be late until you show up.
***************
************  You never learn anything by doing it right.
************
***  War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.
***

* On  1-Mar-2007 at  2:11AM PST, Cameron Shorter said:

> As Chris noted, Mapbuilder is in the process of merging OpenLayers
into
> its codebase. This involves throwing away a lot of our original code,

> but at the same time, makes Mapbuilder a more robust product because
we
> can focus on other areas.

And by that same token, we've tried very hard to make it possible to
separate out only the pieces of OpenLayers you want, and leave out the
parts you don't.