[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G 2007 Workshop Submission

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Wed Mar 28 22:36:54 PDT 2007

Dear people,

Thank you for your information. I have to say I find that pretty
frustrating and annoying knowing that GeoNetwork opensource is one of
the incubator projects of OSGEO, the number of OSGEO projects is
(still) limited and FOSS4G is the OSGEO conference.

Participating with the project in OSGEO has multiple reasons, one of
them being that it provides opportunities to work on synergies and
work on marketing the OSGEO software stack. Now how does the intent
of OSGEOs mission fit with refusing a (single) workshop on one of its
projects. Maybe I miss something, but I'd assumed there was at least
some kind of a relation!?

Looking forward to some good feedback and discussion on this, also on
the OSGEO mailing list as I consider that discussion very relevant in
the further development of outreach strategies for ourselves and the
OSGEO foundation through conferences.

Core question:

"Should OSGEO projects have guaranteed workshop and presentation
space for at least one session?"

Regards,
Jeroen