[OSGeo-Discuss] *Nominations: New Charter Members*

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo CRO) cro at osgeo.org
Fri May 25 12:26:01 EDT 2007

* Nominations for new Charter Members is now open *

The Board of Directors has asked me to coordinate the election of up
to 15 new Charter Members[1].  The process they have approved is
described here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Membership_Process.
I am filling the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) role.

Charter Members are the legal/official voting members of the
organisation.  Because OSGeo is an incorporated legal entity, these
positions are important because they elect the Board that manages the
organisation.  Vacant board positions can only be filled by Charter
Members.  Therefore, the board has decided to first increase the
number of Charter Members and then to proceed with Board elections.

This is the official notice announcing that nominations for new
Charter Members is now open.  Nominations must be sent to the Chief
Returning Office address: cro at osgeo.org
Please include:
  * full name of the nominee
  * email address and phone number of nominee, if known
  * short paragraph describing why you are nominating them.  Please
refer to [2] for a list of Positive Attributes for new charter members.
  * you are allowed to nominate yourself

Nominations will be accepted from May 25 - June 3.  Anyone can submit
a nomination.  I will contact the nominees directly to verify their
willingness to be nominated.  When this confirmation process is
complete, a list of nominees will be posted and the 10 day voting
process started.  Voting will be done by current Charter Members.
During the voting period, there will be time for discussing nominees
and their contributions using this OSGeo mailing list.

Multiple nominations for the same person are welcome.  I will update
this page as I receive nominations:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Member_Nominations

[1] Current charter Members: http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/
members/voting_members.html