[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Advocacy

Henning Lorenz henning.lorenz at geo.uu.se
Mon May 14 01:34:47 PDT 2007

Hi Arnulf!

What a great resource! This is exactly what is needed to allow everyone
who is interested in OSGeo to promote its case. I'm grateful for the
collection of definitions and concepts because I was asked to give a
seminar on FOSS software during a local conference here in Uppsala. Why
I, a simple FOSS user was asked? Well, that's related to the "Use cases
for FOSS-GIS in universities" thread - there are simply no other people
around who use FOSS software in GIS.

Cheers,

Henning

PS: I suggest "consolidate" instead of "bundle" in 1. under Education
and long term outreach.

--
Henning Lorenz
Uppsala University