[OSGeo-Discuss] ISO 19115

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Wed May 16 00:32:46 PDT 2007

Hi,
In GeoNetwork opensource ( http://geonetwork-opensource.org ) we've
been using ISO19115 for a long time now. We are now finalizing a
release of the software that has among other things, support for the
following standards:
Metadata: 	ISO19115 validated against ISO19139 implementation standard.
			FGDC
			Dublin Core
Catalog:		OGC CAT 1.0 & Z39.50
			OGC CSW 2.0.1 based on the ISO profile

GeoNetwork opensource is an incubator project of OSGEO and can be
found at http://www.osgeo.org/geonetwork

We find it useful and have been using it to document large numbers of
spatial datasets. For example at http://www.fao.org/geonetwork (where
I work), http://vam.wfp.org/vamsie , http://geonetwork.unocha.org/
mapsondemand and http://csi.cgiar.org/geonetwork to name a few. All
these organizations share their metadata collections among catalogs.

Ciao,
Jeroen

Jeroen Ticheler
FAO-UN