[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: idea for an OSGeo project -- a new, open data format

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Tue Nov 13 12:24:55 EST 2007

OSM: $0
CCBYSA: $0
Donation of entire Netherlands: Priceless

Real artists ship. For everyone else there's standards wanking.

Seriously though, this is so kafka-esque. When OSM started it was like
this: We should have got a committee to design a standard, then we
could think about a committee to design an ontology... and choose a
name... and on some sunny distant day make a map.