[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: idea for an OSGeo project -- a new, open data format

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Wed Nov 14 10:04:21 EST 2007

These items are also supported in SDF today:

- SRS is a must, complete projection parameters (stored as WKT).
- full set of attibute types (c, int2, int4, int8, float, double,
  txt (i18l), date and timestamps (with gmt precise offset), blobs, ...
- indexing (unique and non-unique) on key attributes

The only exception is that I do not believe SDF supports the blob data type.
There is also support for range constraints.

Bob