[OSGeo-Discuss] packaging FOSS GIS for Ubuntu in education

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Nov 21 20:28:05 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

I am still not sure how to take the UbuntuGIS CD/DVD thing
forward. I and Sarawut will willing to work on work-on this
and hope others would join too.

a) About what stack of software that could be offered, I think
the initial stack that we have put up on the OSGeo wiki at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G_Toolkit_for_Mandriva_2008
could be a fair start.

b) about what is available and missing in DebianGIS and UnbutuGIS,
we will try to find out and any feedback/info on this could be
helpful.

Hope we can have atleast the MandrivaGIS, DebianGIS, UnbuntuGIS
CD/DVD available by the time we are at FOSS4G2008.

Kind regards

venka