[OSGeo-Discuss] Twin Cities, Minnesota Local Chapter

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:27:04 EST 2007

The Twin Cities MapServer Users Group would like to announce our intention
to become an Official OSGeo Local Chapter.  We would like to cordially
invite anyone in the region surrounding the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA to join our group.

The Twin Cities MapServer Users Group was formed alongside the organizing
committee for MUM3/OSG
'05<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/conferences/MUM3/>in the
Fall of 2004. TCMUG has met near monthly since that time with a mix
of social gatherings and technical presentations hosted at various locations
around the Twin Cities, MN Metropolitan Area. TCMUG is made up of people
representing government, non-profit, academic, and private interests.
Members of TCMUG are active in several areas within OSGeo. In addition,
TCMUG has a strong presence in state and regional GIS initiatives through
MetroGIS <http://metrogis.org/>, the Governor's Council on Geographic
Information <http://www.gis.state.mn.us/>, and Minnesota GIS/LIS
Consortium<http://www.mngislis.org/>as well as work with FGDC grant
funded projects
[2] <http://openmnnd.org/>. Members of TCMUG are active users and developers
and have been a forum in the region for not just MapServer, but also many
other Open Source GIS packages.

Further information about our group and links to join our mailing list can
be found on our OSGeo Wiki page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Twin_Cities