[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: idea for an OSGeo project -- a new, opendata format

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Nov 13 09:36:38 PST 2007

Comment from a back bencher who's somewhat interested in this idea...

+1 to Paolo, just call it OpenShape and let's move on.  The format under
discussion should be known to (1) support shapes and shape-like things
and (2) be a truly "open" format.  "OpenShape" nicely satifies both,
rhymes nicely with things like "OpenLayers", and -- more important of
all! -- as of a few minutes ago openshape.org has not yet been
registered by anyone.

(There are more fun things to debate/argue/discuss than naming...)

-mpg