[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Labs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 23:10:49 PDT 2007

blammo wrote:
> All,
>
> This is the exact type of thing I was thinking about for project
> promotions that OSGEO could be instrumental in.  I also had a thought
> related to this, this afternoon, related to this, I was thinking about a
> project classification of "OSGEO Registered" for use by any project that
> applies in any way shape or form, then there is a list of project to
> keep track of, then you could put as many intermediate steps or tiers in
> place over time to progress projects against.
>
> I would be interested in (trying) to help with something like this, but
> I wouldn't want to examine the same types of projects that I'm trying to
> promote, I would need to do other different types of projects.  You
> might start things out by setting up a few questionnaires that
> interviewers could start from for the different types of projects as
> templates, and then let the interviewers  go from there, should keep
> things similar in nature between projects but also allow for the
> interviewers to dig deeper if needed.

Bob,

I've written up a few of my thoughts on a revitalized Spotlights effort
at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Spotlights

While clearly you can't interview yourself I don't see any big issues with
conflicts of interest on related projects as long as you can keep enough
distance to ensure the result is reasonably understandable to the general
OSGeo audience.

Best regards,