[OSGeo-Discuss] Integration test bed

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:41:34 PDT 2007

I was very excited to hear about the Integration test bed concept and
hope that any setbacks can be taken as a learning experience and help us
put some achievable steps in place to make it more successful at future
events - be they FOSS4G or conferences with an OSGeo presence.

Key take home points for me:
1. There should be a standard dataset that all applications use as part
of their default demos. I've seen this to a small degree between
Geoserver, Mapbuilder and Openlayers. There are sure to be others and
I'm sure we can do a better job.
2. An interoperability testbed is difficult to set up just before a
conference. So lets do it gradually over a year or so as we build our
software, open source workshops and presentations.
3. A version dependency tree will greatly ease installation which in
turn will help open source uptake.