[OSGeo-Discuss] How to assess rendering quality?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed Oct 10 09:34:57 PDT 2007

All I could add to what Ed and Traian have said is:

- try to keep the tests neutral in all other respects: if you can, you
  want to minimize any indications of what tool the image came from, remove
  extraneous toolbars and scrollbars, etc -- anything subconsciously biasing
  or visually distracting

- the quality (and settings) of the display monitor are very important.  If
  you can, do the tests on the same monitor with the same lighting in the
  room

-mpg