[OSGeo-Discuss] Canadian Chapter (call for interested individuals)

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Oct 17 21:25:23 PDT 2007

Dave Sampson wrote:
> Calling all Canucks,
>
> Over at the Ottawa Chapter there has been a gaggle of discussions
> concerning chapters and OSGEO activity in Canada.

> This is where I present the concept of the Canadian chapter of OSGEO.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Canada

Being 4 weeks + 1 day away from the initial meeting
of people interested in the formation of an OSGeo
BC Chapter, my initial opinion is that this is 'too early'.
I think a 'national chapter' would be better formed
once there are 'at least a few' local chapters.

On the other hand, maybe I have it backwards - in 4 weeks,
maybe it will be clear to the 'BC chapter' that we should
be forming a regional chapter within the 'OSGeo Canadian
National Chapter'.

P.S.
Of course we all know that we wouldn't want to fall into
'the same old pattern', so a national chapter would be
based 'out west', not in 'the center of Canada' ;-)

--
Dave Patton

Degree Confluence Project:
Canadian Coordinator