[OSGeo-Discuss] Mapguide Opensource 1.2 Polygon and tooltip problem

Wihan Herbst wihan at openspatial.co.za
Wed Oct 24 06:21:32 PDT 2007

Hi, all

I have installed Mapguide Opensource 1.1 working with sl-king and it
seemed to work ok, I noticed two things.

As soon as you want to have more than 2 columns from Oracle in your
tooltip it gives you all funny signs in the tooltip instead of the
values of the columns, the last column in the list of columns you want
to display normaly displays ok.  Also the funny signs it shows you
changed everytime you move your mouse pointer away or back on the
feature.

Secondly, selecting features doesn't seem to work properly either, I can
for instance select a line, but then I can't select another polygon, or
point.

I have tried selecting with polygon selecting by clicking in the polygon
selecting by dragging a box around it, just can't seem to select that
polygon.

I read somewhere that tooltip problems in the ajax viewer was fixed in
1.2 so I downloaded 1.2, same problem with tooltips and selecting
features.

If anyone are having similar problems or know of a solution pls let me
know.

Regards,

Wihan Herbst

Oracle 10g R2 (10.2.0.1)