[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [OSGeo-Edu] packaging FOSS GIS for Ubuntu in education

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Fri Oct 26 03:16:11 PDT 2007

Hi Gavin,
you're request is fascinating and a common dream to us at Ominiverdi.
I guess you've heard about LiveCD [1] for FOSS GIS based on Gentoo.
It sound similar but it's not Ubuntu
:-)

Luca Casagrande, aka doktoreas, is the  maintainer of our liveCD.

The list of request you are making is important and will require dedication.

I don't know if you could be interested on a Gentoo version or if Luca
would be interested to work on Ubuntu liveCd.
anyway we are open to the debate.

ciao
Lorenzo

[1] http://livecd.ominiverdi.org