[OSGeo-Discuss] packaging FOSS GIS for Ubuntu in education

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Oct 29 12:28:54 PDT 2007

This would be a really good time for me to get updated Debian packages
for JTS and OpenJUMP complete.

I've been using Debian for a couple of years now, but I've never made a
package for the operating system. I have done some reading on it. It is
a little tricky for Java programs, especially one like OpenJUMP that
depends on a set folder structure.

But if we are putting together a CD of open source GIS packages for
Ubuntu then I need to get my act together and work through the technical
issues.

At any rate, I'd be interested in helping prepare debs for OpenJUMP and
JTS at a minimum, but I might be able to help with other FOSS GIS Java
packages as well.

I downloaded the old OpenJUMP package today. I'll see what I can learn
from its structure this week.

Landon